City University London is offering 75 fully-funded studentships for doctoral study, with information science as one of the areas to be supported.
The Centre for Information Science, set in the wider Department of Information Science, is City’s focus for the study of the academic foundations of the information disciplines and professions. Our research and publications, including the work of current, and recently successful, doctoral students, is centred around:
• philosophical foundations of the information sciences
• concepts of information and documentation
• models and concepts of information behaviour
• information in society
• information history
• ontology, classification and taxonomy
• domain analysis (subject-specific information)
We welcome enquiries from anyone potentially interested in doctoral research in these or related areas.
The closing date for applications for studentships is January 31st 2011. Full details may be found at here.
Anyone potentially interested is welcome to contact David Bawden (email@example.com) or Lyn Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) informally.